Monday, January 4, 2010

Homemade Skincare Pt. 2: Basic Clay Mask!


The second homemade skincare recipe was a mask. I'll admit I was NOT too thrilled about this one! I typically don't like the tight feeling mask has once it starts to dry!

Basic Clay Mask:

3 tablespoons green clay

water

I applied the mask on while I was in the shower so there was less of a mess and it actually felt good on my skin. I left it on long enough for it to dry, and I could really feel my skin getting tighter and firmer. I made the mistake and smiled while the mask was almost dry and it started to crack!! It had been ages since I've used a clay mask, but I have no memories of them being easy to wash off! This simple mask was so easy for me to wash off of my face. My skin was bright and smooth, added a little moisturizer (Clinique Moisture Surge) and I was feeling beautiful and ready for bed!
An 8oz jar of green clay will run you around $5-$9 at your local drug store.

No comments:

Post a Comment