Sunday, January 3, 2010

Homemade Skincare Pt. 1: Oatmeal Facial Scrub!


At FIDM (Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising), the students majoring in beauty have the pleasure of having some pretty amazing professors! One of my favorite teachers, Mrs. Habermeyer, assigned a six part homemade skincare recipe group project for us all to do. They were really fun to experiment with and very inexpensive! My two group members and I had a great time with this 'homework' assignment!


The first one that I did was a Gentle Facial Exfoliator Scrub:

1/2 cup ground oatmeal

1/4 cup powdered milk

1 teaspoon cornmeal

water

I normally like my facial scrubs to really scratch my face so that I can tell my face is really getting clean. Well, the truth of the matter is, scrubs that have too harsh of scrubbing beads or particles actually hurt your skin. They strip and can cause damage to your skin. The oatmeal scrub is so gentle and soothing to the skin! It left my skin feeling so smooth and soft! When enough water is added, the substance glides on like a paste and not as if it's regular oatmeal!
All ingredients for this recipe can be bought at your local grocery store!
*this recipe can be a bit messy, I would suggest applying while getting in the shower that way it will be less mess!

No comments:

Post a Comment