Thursday, August 19, 2010

Walk It Out!


I am probably the LEAST health conscious person you will ever meet. :-/ Exercising has never been a priority for me! I've tried the eating right ordeal and that didn't last too long, but I have never tried joining a gym or such. As of late I have been having the urge to walk! I have been walking once or twice A DAY! Once in the morning and also at night! I am so proud of myself! It feels really good too, put my iPod on and just strut for about an hour and a half. On my walk yesterday I discovered that there is a 24 Hour Fitness near my house...hmmm maybe in the near future will I get a membership there!!

Found this on Wikipedia ( I know, I know, not the best source!!)
Sustained walking sessions for a minimum period of thirty to sixty minutes a day, five days a week, with the correct walking posture reduces health risks and has various overall health benefits, such as reducing the chances of cancer, type 2 diabetes, heart disease, anxiety, and also increases bone health.

After my night walk! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment