Sunday, August 23, 2009

What Are Your Rituals? Pt 1 - Nail Lacquer!


For many years I was 'the' girl who ALWAYS wore the fake acrylic nails! Not only did I wear the fake nails but I wore them extremely long! My main reason for wearing the fake nails was because my natural nails just won't grow, they'll grow a little and then they'll break. My natural nails are also very thin, I've tried numerous nail strengtheners and hardeners but I can't seem to find the right one. After moving across the country (Kansas City, Mo to Los Angeles, CA) on my own for college, I had to put myself on a budget. Getting my nails done did not make that list! I come from a family of beautician's and nail techs so I know how to do my own but its so time consuming. I had to find a way for my nails to be cute and look healthy so I decided to just go all natural and try to grow my own. It takes a long time for nails to recover once they've gotten used to the acrylic, so I had to be patient. I found that getting manicures and using fun and pretty nail polishes helped speed up the process. Back in July I talked about how much I was loving Orly nail polishes (http://tyechampagne.blogspot.com/2009/07/nailed-it.html) and now I've found another line that has great nail lacquers as well. SpaRitual is a brand that I wasn't too familiar with until recently, in one of my classes we had to do research and present a new product for the founder of the company, Mrs. Shell Pink (she picked my team as the winner!!). What I really love about this brand is that most of their products are vegan and certified organic, which is a huge deal! The shade that I have is called Airhead from the Airy Sopranos collection of shades. Its very sheer and once applied makes your nails look like you came straight from the nail salon! Check out their whole collection of nail lacquers here: http://www.sparitual.com/nail_lacquers/

p.s. here's a throwback picture of me at my high school prom (5/4/2007), long nails in tow!

No comments:

Post a Comment