Friday, August 7, 2009

Crest Pro-Health...Health Risks??


Crest's toothpaste's and mouth washes have a been a staple in life since I can remember. It's a brand that my mother trusted in keeping my teeth and mouth clean and healthy, to this day I still use Crest toothpaste. A friend of mine, (and fellow blogger: 100% Beauty http://beautyforthought.blogspot.com/ <-- check her out!!) recently brought to my attention a problem that she was having with the Crest Pro-Health line. She said that when she uses it, it makes the insides of her jaws peel, scary right? She warned me to never use that line (FYI: the Crest Pro-Health and regular Crest products are two different lines under the same company) because I would likely have the same problem. A few days later she emailed me a link to a consumer affair website that featured and extensive amount of complaints from individuals who used the product and experienced the same problems or even worse problems. Here a few testimonies....very scary! I'm never buying that toothpaste, I'll stick with the regular Crest! This line needs to be taken off the market ASAP!! Just read what customers had to say. Here's the link to read these stories in full: http://www.consumeraffairs.com/cosmetics/crest.html
"I noticed sores on my inside cheeks and the skin felt like it was being
peeled off. Then my neck started hurting. I could barely move my neck, I
couldn't find a comfortable position to sleep."

"I started to feel severe pain and then started to feel something slimey in
my mouth."

"My son began using Crest Pro Health and in a week noticed peeling of the skin inside his mouth, swollen and bleeding gums. We immediately switched to another brand and his mouth got better or so we thought until his routine dental appt. the Crest Pro Health toothpaste had removed gum tissue and exposed a root from one of his back teeth. My son will have to have a skin graft in order to correct this problem."

No comments:

Post a Comment