Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Is He "The One?"


The answer to this question is priceless! Everyone has some kind of idea of what type of person that they desire to be with, whether they be tall, dark and handsome, super rich and loaded, someone from a different country, etc. So what happens when a guy (or girl) who isn't any of the things that you want in a significant other comes along and grabs your attention? Do you brush them off because you know EXACTLY what you want or do you set your list of wants aside to see what may become of it?

Most people will brush them off with the thought of "I will not settle," but is altering your list of wants more important than what may be a need? What you want may not always be what's best for you in the long run. I too have qualities that I would prefer to have in a significant other but I often wonder, when a guy who I may not immediately be attracted to "Hmmm what if he's the one?" The guy who constantly chases you and you seem to never have time for him because there is just 'something' about him that you don't 'want', what if you turning away your soul mate?

More than half of the qualities that men and women say they want in a mate are unrealistic and they themselves cannot offer what it is that they demand. Every once in a while when a guy tries to talk to me and I'm not interested I walk away thinking "Oops, was that my husband?" With that being said, I think that people should be more open when it comes to dating. Now I'm not saying to lower your standards but make sure that the qualities that you look for in a mate are relevant and not materialistic and shallow.

No comments:

Post a Comment