Friday, December 25, 2009

Get French-Milled Clean!


Like most people, I use body washes when I take showers. They lather up very well and I like they way the foam caresses my body. Recently I was told by a teacher of mine that body washes are in fact very bad for your skin, they may feel good while you're in the shower but over time they will dry out your skin. A great alternative that she offered was french milled bar soaps. The process of french milling consists of a stainless steel roller that slowly smooths out the soap and further mixes it. This causes the soaps to last much longer than a regular bar of soap. These soaps are also enriched with glycerin, which when mixed with oil and water, creates a hand-lotion-in-soap effect. Thus creating a bar soap that cleans and removes oils, while soothing sensitive skin. I have been using very inexpensive ($1 & change!) french milled soaps from Whole Foods for about 3 1/2 months and I can definitely tell the difference! The soaps rid my body of dirt much better than regular soaps, they also leave my skin feeling very moisturized to the point where it's mandatory for me to put on lotion immediately after I shower. Other soaps would leave my skin very dry and peeling! I love french milled soaps, you should give them a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment