Friday, September 2, 2011

Co-washing Your Hair!


What exactly is cowashing your hair? It is simply washing the hair with conditioner only! The point of cowashing is to give your hair a midweek picker upper in between washes. Conditioning your is one of the single most important things you should do when trying to maintain healthy looking and feeling hair.

I picked up on cowashing at the beginning of this year from various hair boards and YouTube videos, so I implemented it into my hair routine. I used this technique for a few months before I decided that it was not a good match for me! Everyone's hair is different but I just noticed that when I washed, deep conditioned AND cowashed all in one week that my hairs' natural oils were unable to thrive. I now wash and condition my hair once a week or every other week to allow my hair to thrive on its own.

(If cowashing is something that intrigues you, you should definitely use a drugstore brand of conditioner as you will be using it A LOT! The brand that I was using was the VO5 Moisture Milks. These are very wallet friendly as I got most of mine for less than a $1 at CVS Pharmacy wit my CVS extra care card!)


No comments:

Post a Comment